There are several types of natural stone tiles which are used for flooring, walls and more. These include:
- Granite - Granite has been used for countertops for years, and it is also used for shower walls and bathroom counters. Granite tiles are naturally antibacterial and aren't damaged by water contact, which is why they are such a great choice for kitchen and bathroom applications.
- Slate - Slate tiles are growing in popularity due to their versatility. They are even used as roofing shingles. Slate is a natural material and is available in several color ranges, from gray to purple to black. Slate is used outside as well as inside because of its natural look and range of colors.
- Travertine - Travertine is natural beige stone and is used for bathroom flooring, kitchen backsplashes, shower mosaics and more. View travertine tiles.
- Onyx - Onyx is well known for its creamy, pearl-like look. Onyx is not a common choice for flooring, but it is used on some occasions. It is used more frequently for skirting around bathtubs and mosaics.
- Sandstone - Sandstone is extremely durable and has a grainy look and feel. It is often used for wall applications. View sandstone tiles.